This week’s edition of 7 somethings is dedicated to our sweet newborn and seven somethings I’ve realized since bringing her home!
- Remember when I said that I was looking forward to baby feet and hands? Yep – they’re absolutely delicious (I’ve learned that you can use “delicious” to describe a baby once you’ve had one. Just trust me… I’m not a cannibal).
- Newborn baby stretches + yawns might actually be cuter than baby feet and hands! I think they could melt the heart of worst villain. Basically, they’re super hero powers.
- Since having a baby of my own, I want to weep sappy tears whenever I see a baby in public! I have post-baby fever!
- When Everly finally opened up her fists, guess what I found inside? LINT! New mamas, consider this your PSA and check those baby rolls for lint! 😉
- My girl is EXPRESSIONATE! (She’s got her daddy’s brow to thank for that!) I love seeing what makes her curious and happy.
- Breast feeding is hard. No amount of studying or advice truly prepared me for how difficult it would be. And yet I don’t regret a minute of the struggle. The bond between Everly and I is so indescribably precious.
- Each day is a new adventure. I’ll think I’ve got nursing down or a nap time routine figured out, then the next day her poop is an entirely different color than the day before and my Adventureman has to hold be back from rushing her to the ER, “just in case”. I’m learning how deeply I need the moment-by-moment strength and peace of my Lord – and it’s a good thing.