Welcome to the very first in a series I’m calling Seven Somethings – a collection seven thoughts, favorite things, recent happenings, and anything else I deem worthy to make the list!
My purpose behind Seven Somethings is two fold:
- to become more consistent in my writing and posting
- to introduce myself on a more personal level to those following!
There’s a lot of great content out there in the blogging world, and it truly means a lot to me that you’re choosing to follow along on this adventure with me.
From the bottom of my heart – thank you! <3
So without further ado, here’s a list of my very first Seven Somethings!
- In Over My Head has recently become my anthem song! The lyrics hit me deep with the imagery of meeting the Lord and surrendering fully to Him amidst waves of uncertainty. I’m on the brink of a completely new season of life, and there’s nothing I want more than to be fully submerged in His love!
- Wild Tonic is the champagne of kombucha! Seriously, try it and you’ll never home-brew or drink another brand of kombucha ever again! I can’t get enough of it!
- Since Hawaii I’ve become OBSESSED with lemonade. Not to mention it makes a pretty refreshing treat in the summer heat. I’m working on perfecting a Hawaiian-style lemonade recipe. Stay tuned: if I can get it right I’ll be sharing it here!
- I’m loving this maternity robe from Pinkblush! It’s so soft and gives great coverage for the bump in those moments at home when I just need to be pantless!
- Cedarwood oil cures my pregnancy insomnia. No joke! A few drops of this in a diffuser before bed or a little bit rubbed on my toes or temples ensures a good night’s sleep! And it smells SO GOOD!
- My goal for this week is to wash all of my sweet baby girl’s clothes. It’s one of the final tasks to be done in preparation for Everly’s arrival. I’m not going to lie, I probably spent a half hour in the detergent section of the store agonizing over which detergent was safest for babes! Experienced mommies – please weigh in!
- I’m nervous about labor. All of the unknowns and worst case “what-ifs” come rushing through my mind at times. It’s been a bit of a struggle (hello pregnancy hormones)! But it’s also given me an opportunity to lean into the Lord in a new way.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all of my fears… The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. Oh taste and see that the Lord is good… for those who fear him have no lack! Psalm 34:4-8
I’m reconditioning my mind to the truth that no matter what goes on in the labor process, it is the Lord’s best for me. I know that he will equip me with the exact amount of grace and strength that I need to endure. Meanwhile, I’ll be packing my hospital bag!
That’s a wrap for the very first Seven Somethings!
Happy weekend friends!