We’re quickly approaching the one-year mark since we vacationed in the Mediterranean.
It seems like only yesterday we were strolling through the streets of Florence and sun-bathing on the deck of cruise ship!
If your’e anything like me, you LOVE to travel, but you loathe to pack. It can be an overwhelming task, especially if you plan to travel for over a week! Planning for our Mediterranean cruise was no exception. When it came time to finally stuff my suitcase, I decided that comfort and style had to be the rule.
I wanted to look put-together, but not so much so that I couldn’t go casual when need be.
Rather than pack 15 different outfits, I needed items that could be mixed, matched and re-worn without looking too repetitive.
AND… everything I packed needed to be easily folded away without needing to be ironed once unpacked (I mean come on… I don’t even iron at home)!
I found the following items to be the cruise-wear necessities. And they served me well!
Check below for current links to my fave’s!
1. A stylish pair of sunglasses. These are a must for any vacation! And Ray-bans are my absolute favorite!
2. A timeless swimsuit. On a fancy cruise, you’re bound to feel a little classy. Just about any all-black suit will do!
3. A floppy hat. Something that makes you feel sophisticated and care-free at the same time.
4. Strappy sandals. Great for exploring the sights or slipping on before you head to the pool deck.
5. A light jacket. You’ll most likely experience fair-weather on your Mediterranean cruise, but if you’re cold-weather-wimp like myself, you’ll want a light jacket on hand. This cargo jacket from Madewell is a personal favorite of mine.
6. A sundress. Pick a dress that is multi-functional! It should be comfortable for the days that you are traveling, able to be dressed up with accessories for fancy dinners, or serve as a bathing suit cover.
7. A flow-y top. What is flow-y you ask? Just the adjective my sisters and I created to describe a shirt that doesn’t cling to you, allowing you to snack as much as you like and still feel cute. 🙂 You will be snacking quite a bit on a cruise, so a flow-y top is necessary!
8. Linen shorts. This pair is both comfortable and stylish. I live in this exact pair AAAALLLL summer!
A Packing List for Every Adventure
I am a huge fan of lists and list making! (I may or may not be working off of a list to write this post! 😉 ) Maybe you’re not about to embark on a Mediterranean cruise, but if you’re adventure bound – chances are – you’ll need a packing list!
You can download my Travel Necessities packing list here for FREE!
Happy packing! 🙂