If you’ve ever been pregnant – you’ve been there. The moment people know that you’re expecting, your body suddenly becomes an acceptable topic of conversation.
Don’t get me wrong! For the most part, I’ve loved the changes pregnancy has brought me and I’ll be the first to want to gush about how excited I am. BUT, occasionally over the past 8 months I’ve received some shockingly rude – and hilarious – comments.
I should preface this list by saying that I know that none of the people who made these comments were ill-intentioned, which is why I can laugh about them! So go ahead and laugh with me! 🙂
1. Me: “I’m having a girl”. Store clerk: “Ah yes, girls steal all of their mom’s beauty.”
2. Girl (as she compares me to another pregnant woman standing nearby): “You’re short, so the weight has to go everywhere.”
3. My dermatologist: “Wow. When you were sitting, I thought you looked small… but now that you’re standing…”
4. Guy: “When are you due?! You don’t look like you have much more room to grow!”
5. (Before we knew our babe’s gender). Woman: “You’re having a girl. I can tell because you’re carrying the weight everywhere.”
6. Fitness instructor: “How are you today, besides being SUPER pregnant?”
7. Husband: “Sorry wifey. I finished off the ice-cream.”
Ah pregnancy – what a delightful season! Having a sense of humor is KEY!
How about you other mommies? Got any comments that top mine?